Ausenco is an exciting, fast-growth organization with a history of attracting visionary people who embrace challenges and discover innovative solutions to each and every project. We’re a global leader in engineering, project management and operations solutions for the Energy, Environment & Sustainability, Minerals & Metals, Process Infrastructure and Program Management sectors.
When it comes to ingenuity, we have no boundaries. With diverse projects across the globe, you can dare to do things differently, challenge the status quo and discover your true potential.
From mines to ports, bulk terminals, control systems and public infrastructure, we help our clients to advance their resources by interweaving them with ours.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Automation Engineer/Manager for our Burlington Ontario office. As Senior Automation Engineer you will be involved in leading solutions for Ausenco customers in a wide variety of applications. This includes ensuring that projects are executed in a consistent manner and in alignment with company strategies and goals.
Our engineers at Ausenco have one thing in common – a commitment to continuous improvement through innovation. We are passionate people who work on diverse and interesting projects, no matter where we are in our career lifecycle.
- Oversee projects, supporting Project Managers assigned to project teams.
- Alongside the Project Manager, create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of Ausenco projects by working across projects and providing high level expertise in the various technical disciplines
- Provide technical expert advice on designs, engineering processes or other unique or unconventional methods
- Effectively apply Ausenco methodology and enforces project standards
- Perform technical project reviews and provide Project Manager with documented results and suggested corrective action plan
- Conceive, develop, and layout system architectures for assigned projects that satisfy customer requirements
- Responsible for technical decisions on assigned projects
- Provide guidance, mentorship and technical knowledge to the other engineers and team members in support of their personal development.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, develop project scope based on understanding of clients business and operational needs
- Act as one of the proposal and estimating leads for mid to large projects / assigned clients
- Assist in the development of the project estimate, including vendor / suppliers negotiation
- Work with VP on proposal and estimate sign-off
Skills, qualifications and experience
- 10+ years’ proven automation and controls experience with an engineering consulting firm working in the EPC Industry. 5+ years in a lead position.
- A relevant Engineering degree and is registered or eligible to register with the Association of Professional Engineers, and Geoscientists of Ontario.
- Proven experience leading design teams within a multi discipline engineering, procurement and construction management framework.
- A proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously or a single project of a major size and scope.
- Enhanced knowledge of the Integration and Programming such as; PLC programming, DCS configuration and programming, RTU programming, HMI/SCADA programming, Configuration of bus networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience preparing proposals and delivering presentations.
- The ability to create and share a sense of direction, give clear direction to individuals and teams and willingness to coach and mentor others to build business capability for the future.
- Understanding of Financial Reports and project budgets
- Intermediate or above level in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Good commercial acumen, with experience of interfacing with clients.
To be part of exciting local, national and international projects with a professional organization, we invite you to submit a detailed resume directly to this posting.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ausenco is an equal opportunity employer.
Challenge your boundaries