A dedicated, efficient, inspiring and multi-dimensional Project Manager with core skills including project management (EP, EPCM and EPC projects), commissioning, planning, field engineering, materials handling design, construction management, cost estimating, contract management and procurement with a strong commitment towards safety, the envirnoment and client expectations.
Ben has experience through all stages and processes of a project’s life cycle including feasibility, value engineering, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance. His technical experience includes precious and base metals processing, SWRO desalination, bulk materials handling and port facilities.
Ben's leadership skills have been developed leading design teams, field engineering teams, construction and maintenance contractors with broad demographic and cultural diversity. He is a well respected people leader who encourages his team members to continually find better solutions and develop their own skills.
Since joining Ausenco in 2012, Ben has held a number key project roles including:
- Project Manager, Comminution Debottlenecking - gold processing plant, Mexico
- Project Manager, Prairie Creek Feasibility Study and De-risking and Basic Engineering - lead zinc processing plant restart, Canada
- Project Manager, EcoTails Feasibility Study - gold processing plant, Mexico
- Project Manager for Ore Sorting Pre-Feasibility Study - gold processing plant, Canada
- Commissioning Manager, Moberly Frac Sands Plant Commissioning, Canada
- Project Manager, Cerro Negro Tailings Filtration Pre-Feasibility Study, Argentina
- Project Engineer, Moose River Consolidated Project (EPC) - gold processing plant, Canada
- Area Lead - Crushing and Grinding - Rosemont Copper Project (EPCM), Tucson, USA
- Area Manager - Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project (EP), Chile
Prior to joining Ausenco, Ben worked for John Holland Group as a Senior Project Engineer in Australia, for Rio Tinto at Queensland Alumina Ltd in Gladstone, Australia and for Connell Wagner in Brisbane, Australia.
Ben has a Master of Project Management (with Distinction) from University of Southern Queensland and a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical & Space) with First Class Honours from University of Queensland. He is also a Member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEG BC).