Dr. Foggiatto has over 13 years’ experience in metallurgical and process engineering. She has completed her bachelor and M.Sc. degrees at the University of Sao Paulo, and PhD degree at the University of Queensland specialising in modelling and simulation of processing circuits, comminution circuit design and energy efficiency.
In the beginning of her career in HDA Servicos and with Votorantim Metais in Brazil, she worked in technical studies related to several aspects of gold, iron, nickel, bauxite operations – management/planning of laboratory test work for;
- breakage characterisation
- amalgamation & tailings characterisation
- coordination of pilot plant trials & industrial surveys
- circuit design & process optimisation.
In 2012 she joined Ausenco’s team and worked alongside comminution experts in technical studies and projects related to most key mining commodities.
In recent years she has worked on a number of projects in processing engineering design, modelling and simulation of comminution circuits and geometallurgy, with focus on energy efficiency and lean design. Marque projects Bianca has been involved in include:
- Carrapateena Project, Australia
- Mina Justa Project, Peru
- Frieda River Copper Project, PNG
- Spence Project, Chile
- La Cadelaria, Chile
Bianca has published dozens of research articles and contributed to the AusIMM Comminution Handbook. You can review Bianca’s extensive article library here: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Bianca_Foggiatto
Bianca has also received a number of awards for her work including:
- Ian Morley Prize – an annual prize acknowledging the best overall performance and achievements as a postgraduate student in the SMI-JKMRC, 2015
- Sustainable Minerals Institute Publication Award in 2015 – an annual prize to recognise outstanding contributions to communicating SMI research outputs
- Best publication from the CRC Ore Annual Assembly in 2013
- Best written paper for 11th AusIMM Mill Operators' Conference 2012 with the paper “Simulation of Flexible Circuits”