Chris is recognised in the industry for his expertise in the engineering of comminution circuits, particularly in the application of HPGR systems for a variety of commodities.
Chris’s current focus is the conceptual design of conventional and HPGR-based comminution and materials handling process flowsheets and plant layouts in support of Ausenco’s studies and projects worldwide.
Key projects include:
- Cadia Gold, 24 Mt/y, Australia
- Mogalakwena Platinum, 12 Mt/y, South Africa
- El Aouj Magnetite, 30 Mt/y, Mauritania
- Altyntau Gold, 8 Mt/y, Kazakhstan
- Quebradona Gold, 6.2 Mt/y, Colombia
- Cerro Casale Copper, 55 Mt/y, Chile
- Reko Diq Copper, 80 Mt/y, Pakistan
- Centinela Copper, 75 Mt/y, Chile
- Century Gold, 18 Mt/y, Canada
- Boddington Copper/Gold, 38 Mt/y, Australia
- Kansanshi Copper, 12 Mt/y expansion, Zambia
- Prominent Hill Copper/Gold, 8 Mt/y, Australia
- Aguablanca Copper/Nickel, 1.5 Mt/y, Spain
- Windimurra Vanadium, 2.5 Mt/y, Australia
Design, Commissioning, Operation Support:
- Argyle Diamonds, 3 Mt/y and expansions, Australia
- Fimiston Gold, 2 Mt/y, Australia
- Martha Hill Gold, 0.7 Mt/y, New Zealand
- Kelian Gold, 7.5 Mt/y, Indonesia
- Ekati Diamonds, 3 Mt/y, Canada
- Working on the Boddington feasibility study, Chris was instrumental in the development of a practical, high-capacity, HPGR-based flowsheet and layout for hard rock treatment – one of the first of its kind – that allowed project viability to be demonstrated and project execution to proceed.