Eric’s career began at Alcoa Aluminerie Dechambault where he worked in multiple roles: maintenance planner, reliability engineer and project engineer. During this time, the site was recognized as a world class leader in maintenance and was awarded the North American Maintenance Excellence (NAME) award. It was here that Eric learned the value of following and implementing best practices.
As Director of Asset Optimization for North America and French-speaking Africa, Eric develops and grows the business, trains his teams and ensures all documentation and best practices are followed. Eric has experience and competency in most asset management fields. His expertise lies in mechanical engineering, project engineering, process engineering, reliability engineering and maintenance management. His experience spans primary and secondary aluminum production companies, mining, metallurgy, pulp and paper, food, construction and airports.
Eric’s leadership has been felt on many projects since joining Ausenco:
- ArcelorMittal Long Products (Contrecoeur East and Longueuil, Quebec) – Project management for the asset management project.
- Iamgold (Essakane, Rosebel, Westwood) – Completed maintenance and supply chain audits of 3 mines. Assessed CMMS capabilities and implemented improvements. Provided corporate asset management support for the global asset management project.
- Hydro-QuébecProduction - Trained hydro power plant managers and maintenance planners. Provided support in many maintenance improvement workshops involving corporate staff and sites personnel.
- ArcelorMittal Mont-Wright (Fermont, Quebec) - Defined, improved and implemented the maintenance, and supply chain business processes. Supported implementation of the ArcelorMittal reliability model.
- ArcelorMittal (Port-Cartier, Quebec) – Provided shutdown management and MS-Project software training applied to major shutdowns. Provided coaching to develop Gantt charts, to plan, to execute, to track, and to analyze major shutdowns.
- GoldCorp (Éleonore, Quebec) – Conducted spare parts inventory analysis.
- Gurit Americas (Magog, Quebec) - Provided training and coaching in maintenance planning & scheduling.
Prior to joining Ausenco, Eric has held various Engineering and Asset Reliability roles at: Allied Reliability Group, ABB Inc, Alcoa Aluminerie de Baie-Comeau, Alcoa Usine de Tige de Bécancour, Alcoa Aluminerie de Deschambault and BPR Inc.