Through his 25-year career, Jason’s focus has been on applying quantitative techniques to develop robust and innovative client solutions. His professional experience includes working and consulting in a broad range of industries including environmental science, mining, oil and gas, commodities trading, renewable energy and financial technology.
Today, Jason leads a team of highly skilled analysts and programmers that model holistic value chains for clients in a broad range of sectors. Jason’s team develops and markets Ausenco’s Transportation and Logistics Simulation (TLS) software and provides consulting services to help clients optimize multifaceted engineering and business decisions.
Since joining Ausenco in 2018, Jason’s expertise has managed several simulation projects including:
- Teck Resources – Created a simulation model of the North American coal supply chain spanning five mines, five export terminals, rail infrastructure and major equipment to inform decision making and understand value trade-offs.
- SeaRiver Maritime (Exxon) – Simulation of a floating offshore petroleum terminal (FSO) for practical throughput capacity assessment and assessment of improvement scenarios.
- Ridley Terminals – Development and calibration of a simulation model of the terminal encompassing product arrival by rail, stockpile storage and vessel loading to evaluate practical capacity limitations and assess capital equipment upgrades.
Jason’s educational background includes:
- Bachelor of Applied Science with Honours, Geological Engineering - Queens University
- Master of Engineering, Geological Engineering (Groundwater Hydrology) - UBC
- Master of Business Administration, Finance – Sauder School of Business UBC
Jason is a:
- Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia
- Chartered Financial Analyst®