Richard has extensive experience in the field of engineering, design, construction, commissioning and operation of base metal concentrators. His previous accomplishments include leadership involvement in maintenance systems, operational readiness programs, testwork supervision, geometallurgy, feasibility studies, design and commissioning of copper, lead, zinc, molybdenum, pyrite, gold, silver and water treatment projects. His expertise is proven through his contribution to the AusIMM Publication about risk management in project evaluation, water treatment upgrade, and metallurgical improvements.
Key project involvement includes:
- Serrote de Laja Project - Brazil
- Las Bambas Chalcobamba Ore Project - Peru
- Los Bronces Tailings Water Efficiency Project - Chile
- Candelaria Expansion Project - Chile
- Escondida Water Recovery Project - Chile
- Golpu Copper-Gold Project - Papua New Guinea
- Olympic Dam Expansion Project, Australia
- Ok Tedi Project - Papua New Guinea,
- Cadia Low-Grade Concentrator Upgrade Project - Australia
- Hidden Valley Project - Papua New Guinea
- Chatree Gold Expansion - Thailand
- Sepon Copper Expansion Project - Laos
Richard is also a member of the Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM).
- Papua New Guinea