Ting is a Lead Process Engineer with over 20 years of experience in mineral processing, working with various commodities including coal, base metals, precious metals, and industrial minerals. Ting specializes in metallurgical test work development/supervision, mill operation optimization, and mineral processing design from scoping to feasibility study level.
Ting values transparency and clear communication channels and ensures that her clients are always kept up to date on their projects, and progress. Ting enjoys mentoring the junior engineers that work with her and shares her extensive experience, strong research capabilities, and deep knowledge with the team.
Project experience at Ausenco includes lead process engineering roles on the polymetallic Feasibility Study for NorZinc Prairie Creek project, the porphyry copper-gold Pre-Feasibility Study for the Lumina Cangrejos project and the Pre-Feasibility Study for the FPX Baptiste Nickel Project. When at Tetra Tech Canada in the role of senior process engineer, Ting’s work involved the basic engineering for the Mount Milligan Copper-Gold project, front end studies for the Pebble Copper-Gold-Molybdenum Project, and KSM Copper-Gold-Molybdenum projects.
Ting’s publications include:
- Ting Lu, “Technical Due Diligence Investigation”, Pacific Mining Consulting Inc., 2018.
- Ting Lu, “Why Processing Water Quality is Important, Mineral Processing Plant Operation”, Pacific Mining Consulting Inc., 2017.
- Ting Lu, “Notes for Reprocessing of Historical Tailings”, Pacific Mining Consulting Inc., 2016.
- Ting Lu, “A Study of Reduction and Magnetic Separation of Iron from High Iron Bauxite Ore,” Canadian Metallurgical Quarterly, 2012, Vol. 51, No. 4, p.424-433.
- Ting Lu, “A Preliminary Comparison of Coal Classification and Processing between Canada and China,” Canadian Mineral Processor, 2012, p.103-113.
- Ting Lu, “Carbothermal Reductive Upgrading of a Bauxite Ore Using Microwave Radiation,” HTMP, 2012.
- Ting Lu, “Microwave Heating Behaviour of a Gibbsite Type Bauxite Ore,” International Symposium on Light Metals, August 2007.
- Ting Lu, “Influence of Emulsion PHP on Flotation of Fine Coal Below 0.1 mm,” Journal of China University of Mining and Technology, Vol. 28, No. 2, 1999, p.191-193.
- Ting Lu, “Initial Study of MR Series Collector for Fine Coal Flotation,” Journal of Taiyuan University of Technology, Vol. 30, No. 3, 1999, p.285-287.
Ting has an M.Sc. in Engineering from Queen’s University in Canada, and a B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mineral Process Engineering from the Shanxi Mining College (Taiyuan University of Technology) in China. She is a registered Professional Engineer with the Engineers & Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC) and has volunteered as a registration interview panelist with the EGBC. Ting is a member of both the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) and the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME).
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- United States of America