The Galeno copper mine concentrate pipeline development is located in Cajamarca, Peru. To assist our client deliver the project successfully, we created a Geographic Information System (GIS) constraints model.
As Peru has challenging terrain and environmental conditions which can impact on the viability of mining developments, this innovative technology determined any potential hazards and constraints from mine to port for this pipeline.
As a result, the use of the GIS saved our client considerable money, time and effort in the early stages of the project.
Ausenco’s scope of services include:
- ESI including linear constraints analysis
- Engineering support for tailings dam and waste rock disposal facility through the pre-feasibility and design stages
- ARD testing program design
- Hydrogeology and hydrology characterisation
- Water supply feasibility level design
- Geotechnical engineering for infrastructure
- Development of NI 43-101 report sections