The Kogan Creek Power Station is located in the western Darling Downs near Chinchilla in Queensland. It was officially commissioned in 2007, provides up to 750MW of baseload electricity, and contains the largest single generating unit in Australia.
Ausenco Rylson was commissioned by CS Energy to undertake the following works:
- Develop a plant and equipment hierarchy
- Conduct a criticality analysis on the plant and equipment to identify most critical components
- Collate and construct maintenance strategies(primary and secondary) for all maintainable items
- Identify spare parts/materials requirements
- Prepare SAP upload sheets with maintenance task and parts/materials information.
Ausenco Rylson deliverables were achieved well in advance of power station commissioning. This enabled smooth transition through commissioning and into operations with maintenance activities being ready for deployment from day one.
The project also allowed CS Energy to capture maintenance-related information in SAP from CMMS commissioning onwards; and also manage their vendor-supplied spares during the commissioning and warranty periods.