The Bonikro gold mine in Côted’Ivoire in West Africa is located 250 km north-west of the city of Abidjan.
Gold recovery at the open-pitmine is mainly by carbon-in leach technology with some via gravity circuit.
Ausenco Rylson were commissioned to conduct a Training Needs Analysis for personnel in the Planning & Scheduling team at the site. This included:
- The development of a skills matrix as determined by the WMS, RACI matrix and position descriptions
- Development of tests to ascertain personnel’s competency against the requirements of the skills matrix
- Assessment of planning and scheduling team personnel against the requirements of the skills matrix.
Development of individual training programmes. This includes:
- The identification of the gap between the requirements of the position and the incumbents skills and knowledge
- The development of training programmes tailored to planning and scheduling team members individual needs.