Peabody’s Wilkie Creek Mine is located 30km north-west of Dalby in Queensland and required an upgrade to their existing equipment and facilities.
New equipment and modifications to the existing plant include the new Fine Coal Centrifuge Module, new concrete slab and clean up sump and pump, tie-in to existing Screen 6 discharge chute, and tie-ins to existing plant utilities and services.
The project scope included:
- Detailed earthworks for new concrete slabs and foundations
- New Centrifuge module including the Fine Coal Centrifuge and Sieve Bend Screens
- Extension of existing product conveyor guards and skirts
- Tie-in to Screen 6 project discharge chute
- New slab, sump and clean up pump
- Tie-in to existing CPP utilities and services
- MCC modifications for new drives and instrumentation
- Control system upgrades and programming
The services provided include:
- Design finalisation and documentation
- Procurement and expediting
- Construction management
- Project management
- Familiarising Wilkie Creek personnel with new process and equipment.