We have been supporting clients with biomass power generation since 1982, making beneficial use of wood waste, paper waste, biogas and mixed fuels in installations up to 90 MW.
There are key differences between biomass and more conventional coal and gas power generation, which make the utilisation of biomass more complex. Our expertise in materials handling and process technology allows us to power our clients’ biomass projects and overcome any storage, controls and process issues. We have also explored the production of non-fuel products from biomass, such as sugars and binders for the chemical and food industries.
Our service capabilities include:
- Preliminary project analysis and engineering
- Environmental resource studies and impact assessments
- Community consultation and engagement
- Permitting and regulatory approvals
- Civil mechanical and electrical engineering design for:
- Fuel handling
- Waste handling
- Drying technology
- Fuel assessment:
- Wood waste
- Municipal waste
- Paper waste
- Poultry litter
- Civil works
- Logistics and materials handling
- Foundation systems
- Balance of plant
- Grid connection
- EPCM and ongoing maintenance.