Hemmera, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ausenco is our leading Canadian environmental consultancy team valued for their expertise and boutique approach.
Our highly respected multi-disciplinary professionals are leaders in environmental and social sciences and engineering; providing innovative solutions for complex mining and resource development projects in Canada. From initial design to decommissioning, Hemmera’s mining teams successfully support projects through their entire life cycle, shaping solutions that work – for our clients, the environment, and neighbouring communities.
With specialists in Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Planning and Ecology, and Community Engagement and Social Sciences, our mining environmental services include:
Site Assessment and Remediation:
- Physical sciences including hydrogeology, geochemistry, and hydrology
- Human health and ecology risk assessment
- Groundwater mitigation and remediation design
- Water quality modeling and water use planning
- Emergency spill planning, response, and training
- Reclamation planning, design, and implementation
- Atmospheric sciences including acoustic monitoring, air quality, and light assessments
Environmental Planning and Ecology:
- Environmental impact assessment
- Environmental monitoring
- Aquatic resource assessments
- Wildlife and wildlife habitat inventory and assessment
Community Engagement and Social Sciences:
- Socio-economic impact assessment
- First Nations and stakeholder engagement and relationship-building
- First Nations negotiation and negotiation support
- Corporate aboriginal program development
- Strategic communications and consultation support
Learn more about Hemmera’s services.