For more than 40 years, our people have held key roles in the engineering of pipelines across the globe for the transport of a diverse array of products through challenging terrain, extreme climates and remote locations.
Building on the expertise, experience and technology developed by Pipeline Systems Incorporated (acquired by Ausenco in 2008 to form Ausenco PSI), our people have been directly involved in the majority of the long distance slurry pipelines globally, including some of the world's longest and most challenging pipeline projects. In addition, we have also developed some of the most challenging water supply systems for the mining industry.
Ausenco PSI provides expertise with associated SCADA systems and telecommunications, especially for remote locations developing stand-alone (self-sustaining) systems, which require minimal local human interface and maintenance.
We have designed and engineered long-distance pipelines to transport virtually every type of mineral from concentrates such as copper, zinc, lead and iron, to crushed ore, bauxite, nickel laterite, phosphate, potash, limestone and coal.
We offer complete project solutions from concept to commissioning. Our pipeline project services include:
- Feasibility studies and conceptual design
- Route reconnaissance and evaluation
- Laboratory and loop testing programs
- Complex hydraulic modelling
- Basic and detailed engineering
- Leak detection systems
- Pipeline operations and simulation software
- Pipeline SCADA and telecommunications
- Construction management/construction QA/QC
- Start-up and commissioning
- Pipeline operations optimisation and maintenance
- Control systems design and integration
- Operator training and operations support
These solutions offer a variety of applications including:
- Long-distance slurry pipelines (mineral concentrates, mineral ores, coal, industrial minerals)
- Conventional and high-density tailings transport
- Oil, gas and products pipelines
- Ethanol and alternative fuels pipelines
- Water and waste water pipelines.