In an ever-increasing way, Indigenous groups and communities play a pivotal role in the decision-making processes associated with the communities and lands upon which they rely.
Our Human Environment team has earned a proud reputation as an industry leader in providing exceptional community engagement, social sciences, and regulatory expertise to municipal, regional, provincial, territorial, and national governments, as well as major corporations and independent project proponents. Our experienced and insightful team provides mutually beneficial solutions for our clients as well as local Indigenous groups, stakeholders and members of the public by balancing environmental, community, and economic needs to establish and support positive long-term working relationships.
The support we provide to local and Indigenous communities, government agencies, and private sector clients, incorporates an increasingly broad range of programs and services specifically tailored for each client and project. Our Human Environment services include:
- Indigenous and community engagement and consultation planning and implementation
- Indigenous program and policy development
- Agreement negotiation and implementation
- Employment and training capacity assessments and program delivery
- Indigenous procurement advice and support
- Indigenous knowledge and use studies
- Socio-economic and community baseline studies
- Socio-economic and cumulative impact assessments
- Socio-economic management planning and monitoring
- Cultural Heritage Assessments and Screenings
- Social due diligence and risk assessments