Harpreet is a mechanical engineer with over 15 years of experience in design and optimization of transportation and bulk materials handling equipment, managing projects from conception through prefeasibility studies, feasibility studies, detailed design and construction. His project experience spans various commodities including potash, coal, copper concentrate, iron ore and grains.
Harpreet also has extensive experience in asset management services working closely with our clients on equipment inspections, maintenance, modernization, audits, load testing and long-term asset management planning.
Based in the Vancouver office, he manages and mentors a team of engineers, supporting them in design of bulk handling systems for mining, transportation and bulk terminal projects. Harpreet takes pride in building strong relationships with our clients to understand their challenges and offers tailored solutions to overcome them.
Harpreet specialises in:
- Conveying systems
- Long-distance (Overland) conveying systems
- Bulk terminal facility design (Receiving, Storage and Shiploading)
- Condition assessments and annual inspections
- Transportation system trade-off studies
At Ausenco, Harpreet has held a number key roles including:
- Manager, Materials Handling – Vancouver office
- Project Manager & Material Handling Engineer– Trigon Pacific Terminals, 5 year Annual Inspections Contract
- Services Requisition Lead – Teck Resources Limited, Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project (EP), Chile
- Material Handling Lead – Canpotex’ new potash terminal FEL3 study, Canada
- Engineering Manager – Teck Coal Limited, Quintette Mine Restart Project, BC
- Material Handling Engineer – Detailed Design for First Quantum Minerals, Mine de Cobre Jetty Facility, Panama
- Material Handling Engineer – Study and Detailed Design of capacity upgrades for Neptune Terminals’ potash receiving system
Harpreet is a registered professional engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC) and holds a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering degree from the Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology in India.
- United States of America