The Ahafo gold operation is located in the Brong-Ahafo Region of Ghana, approximately 290km northwest of Accra. Newmont currently operate three open pits at Ahafo and the process plant that consists of a conventional mill and carbon-in leach circuit.
Ausenco Rylson was engaged to provide Asset Management support to assist in the following scope at Ahafo operations:
- Develop Asset Management System supporting documentation
- Review and update plant and equipment hierarchy
- Complete a criticality analysis of all process plant equipment
- Review the primary and secondary maintenance strategies
- Develop activity based OPEX budgets
- Complete a capability analysis and provide baseline performance targets
- Implement maintenance strategy outcomes.
The following was achieved for the Ahafo gold mine:
- Full plant hierarchy was reviewed and updated
- A criticality analysis based on Newmont consequence and probability criteria for all equipment was completed
- Maintenance strategies completed for all critical equipment and drill and shovel fleets
- Identification of spare parts requirements and critical spares analysis
- Development of Standard Task Procedures and maintenance check sheets
- Preparation of data to upload to client CMMS
- Capability analysis completed for plant and mining fleets.