The Lady Annie Copper Project, located 137 km north of Mount Isa, is a large medium grade oxide copper resource. The project is a 2.6 Mt/y copper heap leaching operation comprising crushing, agglomeration, stacking, heap leaching, solvent extraction and electro winning (SXEW) to produce 19 000 t/y of LME A Grade copper cathode.
Ausenco was responsible for the feasibility study for the project and then performed engineering and project management services on an EPCM basis for the project infrastructure and the heap leach - SXEW plant and associated facilities.
- Excellent safety record with over 465 000 man hours worked
- Peak construction workforce of 320
- Relocation and upgrade of the Mt Gordon SXEW plant to Mt Kelly
- LME A Grade copper cathode produced at full design production rates in the first week of operation
- Completion of a 52 km infrastructure corridor containing a 66 kV HV power line and a raw water pipeline over rough terrain from Mt Gordon to Mt Kelly site