Newmont Mining Corporation commenced the development and implementation of their MOS (Management Operating Systems) project in 2011.
The MOS project included the development of systems and processes for both operations and maintenance across all Newmont’s global mining sites. Ausenco Rylson were commissioned to develop and implement the Asset Management portion of the MOS project which involved:
- Creating flowcharts of all the relevant Asset Management processes within the MOS
- Developing associated procedures
- Developing RACI matrices
- Developing functional job role documents
- Developing maintenance related Key Performance Indicators.
- The project scope was completed within the allotted time for implementation at the first chosen site, being the Ahafo Gold Mine in Ghana.
- Implementation of the MOSAMS processes at Ahafo were executed on time and within budget; with the target KPIs set by Newmont being achieved. These included an increase in the quality of planning and execution of work, resulting in aless reactive work environment, and an enhancement of operating efficiencies which optimised existing assets at site.