The project involved the design and construction of a zinc refinery off-gas cleaning system for scrubbing sulphur dioxide from furnace off-gases.
The installation included a salt water intake straining station, contact scrubbing towers, reticulation piping and ductwork.
Ausenco’s scope included:
- Preparation of a definitive capital cost estimate to obtain board approval
- Feasibility study, process development and detailed engineering and preparation of all specifications
- Procurement, inspection and expediting for all equipment
- Preparation and administration of all fabrication and site works contracts
- Site construction management and commissioning assistance of the plant
- Project management and associated cost control, reporting and scheduling.
Due to the potential for corrosive attack, fibreglass materials were used extensively during construction.