We are proud of our ability to attract visionary people who embrace the opportunity to redefine what is possible for each and every challenge.
Our leaders inspire and support their teams, find opportunities to develop new ideas, and bring Ausenco's vision and culture to life.
Appointed Chief Executive Officer in 1999, Zimi Meka was one of the founding directors of Ausenco. He has more than 35 years' experience in the design, construction and operation of minerals processing plants and infrastructure, both in Australia and internationally.
Since the early 2000s, Zimi has overseen Ausenco's diversification into the global business it is today with people, clients and projects in North and South America, Australia, the Pacific nations, Asia, Africa, Europe, Russia and the Middle East across the Minerals & Metals, Oil & Gas and Industrial sectors.
Other career highlights include:
- Named 2013 Queensland Professional Engineer of the Year by Engineers Australia
- Listed by Engineers Australia as one of the country’s Top 100 most influential engineers in 2010, 2011, 2014 and 2015
- Awarded Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy’s Institute Medal 2009
- Queensland University of Technology Alumnus of the Year 2008
- Fellow of Engineers Australia
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Inducted into the Engineers Australia Hall of Fame in 2019.