Bemax Resources Limited awarded Ausenco the lump sum contract for the design and construction of a 575,000 t/y heavy mineral concentrate treatment facility at the Ginkgo Mine Site and the design and construction of the mineral separation plant located at Broken Hill.
These two plants are located at different project sites and were executed simultaneously.
Ausenco’s scope included:
- all engineering for process plant and infrastructure
- procurement and construction management services for the processing plant and associated infrastructure
- global procurement and logistics
- construction management and commissioning for the facility
- HMC plant completed two months prior to ore being available
- first major project for many years in the Broken Hill region (western NSW, Australia)