The Mt Cuthbert processing plant, located near Leichardt in Queensland is producing copper cathode, utilising the proven heap-leach and solvent extraction-electro winning process (SX-EW).
From the final commissioning phase, Ausenco provided complete Operations and Maintenance services, assuming full responsibility for the plant’s production and operational workforce.
Ausenco’s scope in the project included:
- responsibility for copper production
- supervision and management of the operational staff including training and multi-skilling
- implementation of site SOP systems and safe work methods
- heap management
- maintenance management of site and functions including maintenance of diesel plant
- seamless and orderly handover of operations to client including adoption of all Ausenco staff.
Ausenco also provided competency based training to operations personnel to ensure consistent performance against national competency standards.
Under Ausenco’s Operations and Maintenance management, plant production consistently met its production target from the outset.