The Sabodala Gold Project, located in Sabodala in south-east Senegal, approximately 600 air/km from Dakar, encompasses the design and construction of a fully functional gold processing plant and associated infrastructure works.
The operation consists of an open-cut mine and associated CIL Process Facility comprising crushing, grinding, leaching and desorption circuits designed to treat 2 Mt/y of gold bearing ore.
Ausenco was engaged to provide the Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management, Commissioning and Performance Testing services for the delivery of the 2 Mt/y gold mine processing plant and associated infrastructure, including a 650 man accommodation facility, mine vehicle workshops and light industrial areas.
- First Senegalese commercial gold operation
- Overcame significant shipping and land transport logistics issues
- Practical Completion on 4th March 2009, 1st Gold poured 15th March 2009
- Exceeded the nameplate performance of the plant within the commissioning period
- Completion of the Performance Trials and client final handover on the 10th of April 2009